Thursday, October 1, 2009

There goes the neighboorhood...

I don't know what is happening in the Mission these days. Before I left for New York three people were murdered on the street on which I work, all in broad daylight.
Its been easy enough to chalk it up to gang violence and consider the slim chances of ever getting caught in crossfire.

But...

Last night was slow at work so I started shooting the shit with two cops who came in right before close. Cops love us because we give them free ice cream, and I love cops because they tip me well, and because they protect us... whatever.
So I asked them if they had a slow night and one of the officers says " Actually no, there was a stabbing tonight. With an axe. A BIIIIIIG AXE." At this point his partner made a motion with his hands to demonstrate the size of said axe, estimated at about a foot long.
Where did this happen you might ask?
BERNAL HEIGHTS.

So yes we can talk about gang violence in the Mission, but last night some drunk white dude at the top of a hill stabbed a man in the back with a giant axe, piercing his lung.

No comments: